Solaris League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Want to Stream videos for Solaris? Click HERE for details.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the hacking clause: HERE

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 158 on 11/4/2021, 09:44

Poll

What should the Solaris League focus on?

View results

3 posters

PokeBank: Soon?

Arilys
    Arilys
    Trainer
    Trainer

PokeBank: Soon? Empty PokeBank: Soon?

Post by Arilys 22/1/2014, 08:17

So I decided to poke around the Nintendo of America Twitter and noticed that the two most recent tweets (at time of writing) had some minor info about PokeBank.

PokeBank: Soon? Nbt6Wtu

PokeBank: Soon? LCaEqWS

I also checked Serebii for news and saw this:

Serebii wrote:Pokémon Bank has been re-added to the Japanese eShop for all to download. This has been done with an update for all players who previously downloaded for both Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter. The patch is said to add countermeasures to prevent the software from causing the servers to overload. The free trial for this software has been extended with it ending on February 21st 2014. We'll provide details of a localisation as soon as possible
    Source: Tuesday, 21-01-2014 news on Serebii's Main Page

So, can we finally hope for PokeBank to release in a few days? Or will the "countermeasures to prevent the software from causing the servers to overload" fail in spectacular fashion and make everyone rage even more because Asia got two chances to get PokeBank but the rest of the world is still waiting?
    LoneQuincy
    LoneQuincy

PokeBank: Soon? Empty Re: PokeBank: Soon?

Post by LoneQuincy 22/1/2014, 09:48

If the program is incomplete, I don't care about the wait. The server overload was more than likely an excuse to cover improved hack checks. If the servers were really overloading the service would've been pulled completely, but they left it up for those that already downloaded it.
    Jace_The_Chimchar
    Jace_The_Chimchar

Post by Jace_The_Chimchar 22/1/2014, 13:13

Agreed. I don't mind paying for the service, but if they're gonna charge a fee, it had better work properly.

They can spend all the time in the world making sure their hack checks are up to scratch cause i am really getting bored of seeing hacked shiny 6IV Legendaries.
    Arilys
    Arilys
    Trainer
    Trainer

Post by Arilys 22/1/2014, 15:10

True, I hope they fixed the issue that allows hacked Pokémon through. Though, I wonder if they'll try to do anything about the hacked Pokémon that already got through? If it's even possible to do anything about it in the first place.

I guess that while I understand that Game Freak wants to have a fully functional app and is taking their time to make it work properly, there's a tiny bit of me that just wants his SoulSilver Lugia and first non-Pokemon Red glitch Mew on X QQ
    LoneQuincy
    LoneQuincy

Post by LoneQuincy 22/1/2014, 15:21

There's really nothing they can do about the hacks that already made it through. They could possibly try an update that would auto-delete hacks, but if they accidently wiped legit pokemon too many would be furious with them.

Only 2 things I want from Bank are my shiny Rayquaza from Sapphire, and a W2 tutored Umbreon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27/4/2024, 11:18